Daily artist demonstrations and talks – Opening Day special guest,Christian Morrisseau who is the youngest son of renowned Aboriginal Canadian painter Norval Morrisseau (1932-2007)
August 19 Christian Morrisseau*
TWAC is a non-profit organization with a mandate to promote, educate and collaborate with multidisciplinary artists, in an environment where artists and art enthusiasts can share ideas and visions with their peers and the larger community.
“A Visual Collaborative” A CNE Art Event is an interactive exposition featuring emerging and established visual artists. The exhibit will give CNE visitors the opportunity to interact directly with artists while experiencing a multiplicity of approaches to art through four interactive events:
- A juried art exhibit featuring 23 original works where guests will be asked to vote for their favourites – People Chioce Winners will be announced Sunday, September 4!
- Daily artist demonstrations and talks – Opening Day special guest,Christian Morrisseau who is the youngest son of renowned Aboriginal Canadian painter Norval Morrisseau (1932-2007)
- An adult colouring station & creative kids colouring zone.
- Original painting giveaway which will be drawn each day from ballots cast for the Juried Exhibit – WIN a free original 6″ by 6″ painting.
- A dragon wing photo selfie station!
To close out this year’s event the TWAC Board of Advisors with their lead staff from the Art Space will work together to create one large canvas inspired by their experiences throughout the 2016 CNE!
*These artists will be designing the various colouring sheets features at the childrens’ and adults’ colouring zones.
PLEASE NOTE: All buildings close at 7 pm on Labour Day Monday
Arts, Crafts & Hobbies Pavilion
Located in Booth 325